(PDF) The Address Book by Deirdre Mask ~ 9781250134769

Strona główna Forums Forum (PDF) The Address Book by Deirdre Mask ~ 9781250134769

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dora Frerichs

The Address Book
    What Street Addresses Reveal About Identity, Race, Wealth, and Power

by Deirdre Mask

The Address Book: What Street Addresses Reveal About Identity, Race, Wealth, and Power

• Author: Deirdre Mask
    • Publisher: St. Martin’s Publishing Group (St. Martin’s Press)
    • Format: hardcover, 336 pages
    • ISBN: 9781250134769 (1250134765)
    • Release date: April 14, 2020
    • Language: english

About The Book

An extraordinary debut in the tradition of classic works from authors such as Mark Kurlansky, Mary Roach, and Rose George.

An exuberant and insightful work of popular history of how streets got their names, houses their numbers, and what it reveals about class, race, power, and identity.

When most people think about street addresses, if they think of them at all, it is in their capacity to ensure that the postman can deliver mail or a traveler won’t get lost. But street addresses were not invented to help you find your way; they were created to find you. In many parts of the world, your address can reveal your race and class.

In this wide-ranging and remarkable book, Deirdre Mask looks at the fate of streets named after Martin Luther King Jr., the wayfinding means of ancient Romans, and how Nazis haunt the streets of modern Germany. The flipside of having an address is not having one, and we also see what that means for millions of people today, including those who live in the slums of Kolkata and on the streets of London.

Filled with fascinating people and histories, The Address Book illuminates the complex and sometimes hidden stories behind street names and their power to name, to hide, to decide who counts, who doesn’t — and why.

FictionBook book The Address Book by Deirdre Mask buy cheap on PocketBook on Audible. Hardcover ebook The Address Book read online. EPUB The Address Book Deirdre Mask download on Kobo.

MP3 The Address Book for PC. TXT ebook The Address Book download. FB2 book The Address Book Deirdre Mask read iOS on Dymocks.

#7185 Reply
    air jordans

I am writing to make you know what a great experience my daughter went through using your webblog. She discovered such a lot of pieces, which included how it is like to have a wonderful helping mindset to have many people with ease gain knowledge of certain tortuous subject matter. You truly did more than our own desires. Thanks for rendering the essential, dependable, revealing as well as cool guidance on that topic to Tanya.

#7504 Reply
    goyard

I’m just writing to let you understand of the wonderful experience my cousin’s princess encountered browsing your blog. She learned numerous details, not to mention how it is like to have an amazing helping nature to let other folks quite simply know specific specialized subject areas. You undoubtedly did more than visitors’ expectations. I appreciate you for supplying such invaluable, safe, explanatory and in addition cool guidance on this topic to Jane.

#8106 Reply
    golden goose outlet

My spouse and i have been very fulfilled that Michael could carry out his investigations while using the ideas he came across from your web site. It’s not at all simplistic to just possibly be giving out information and facts a number of people have been trying to sell. Therefore we remember we now have the website owner to give thanks to because of that. The entire illustrations you made, the straightforward web site menu, the relationships your site give support to promote – it is everything spectacular, and it’s really helping our son in addition to our family reckon that the article is amusing, which is extremely serious. Many thanks for the whole lot!

#8381 Reply
    golden goose outlet

I wish to express some appreciation to this writer just for rescuing me from this setting. Just after scouting through the internet and finding solutions which were not beneficial, I assumed my life was well over. Being alive devoid of the approaches to the issues you’ve resolved by means of your entire site is a critical case, and ones which could have in a negative way affected my career if I had not come across your web page. Your personal skills and kindness in maneuvering every aspect was useful. I am not sure what I would have done if I had not encountered such a solution like this. I am able to at this point look ahead to my future. Thanks so much for the skilled and result oriented help. I will not be reluctant to recommend your web site to anybody who desires assistance on this matter.

#9473 Reply
    golden goose sale

I needed to send you one tiny remark to be able to thank you so much as before for the unique tricks you have documented at this time. This has been simply generous with people like you to deliver freely what exactly most people would have offered for sale as an ebook in order to make some cash for themselves, particularly seeing that you might well have done it if you decided. The tips additionally worked to be a fantastic way to realize that many people have a similar eagerness similar to mine to know the truth many more on the topic of this condition. I am sure there are thousands of more fun moments ahead for many who scan through your blog.

#10947 Reply
    supreme hoodie

I am just commenting to let you understand what a notable experience my cousin’s daughter had reading your blog. She even learned a lot of details, which included how it is like to have an awesome giving nature to make other folks without problems gain knowledge of several tricky topics. You actually exceeded my desires. Many thanks for providing these powerful, dependable, edifying and fun tips on your topic to Gloria.

#12132 Reply
    nike off whtie

I not to mention my pals ended up viewing the excellent guides found on your site and so before long developed an awful suspicion I had not expressed respect to the site owner for those techniques. These young boys were so happy to study them and have in reality been taking advantage of those things. Thanks for really being well thoughtful and also for picking such brilliant themes millions of individuals are really wanting to discover. My sincere apologies for not expressing appreciation to you earlier.

#12954 Reply
    kd 10

Thanks so much for giving everyone an extremely memorable possiblity to read critical reviews from this website. It is usually very excellent plus packed with a good time for me personally and my office mates to search your web site really three times a week to find out the fresh guidance you have got. And of course, I’m so at all times astounded with all the surprising tips served by you. Selected two ideas in this posting are unquestionably the most efficient we have ever had.

#13428 Reply
    lebron james shoes

I wish to show my affection for your generosity supporting women who really need help with in this question. Your very own dedication to getting the solution across had been especially effective and has always helped associates much like me to arrive at their ambitions. This interesting guide indicates a whole lot to me and even more to my office colleagues. Thank you; from all of us.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: (PDF) The Address Book by Deirdre Mask ~ 9781250134769
Your information: