Why Young Men by Jamil Jivani – read online • 9781250199898

Strona główna Forums Forum Why Young Men by Jamil Jivani – read online • 9781250199898

• This topic has 11 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 months ago by russell westbrook shoes.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Dee Charles

Why Young Men
    The Dangerous Allure of Violent Movements and What We Can Do About It

by Jamil Jivani

Why Young Men: The Dangerous Allure of Violent Movements and What We Can Do About It

• ISBN: 9781250199898 (1250199891)
    • Author: Jamil Jivani
    • Language: english
    • Format: hardcover, 288 pages
    • Publisher: St. Martin’s Publishing Group (All Points Books)
    • Release date: June 25, 2019

About The Book

Across the world, we see an explosion of unpredictable violence committed by alienated young men.

Jamil Jivani recounts his experiences working as a youth activist throughout North America and the Middle East, drawing striking parallels between ISIS recruits, gangbangers, and Neo-Nazis in the West.

Having narrowly escaped a descent into crime and gang violence in his native Toronto, Jivani has devoted his life to helping other at-risk youths avoid this fate in cities across North America. After the Paris terrorist attacks of 2016, he traveled to Europe and the Middle East to assist Muslim community outreach groups focused on deterring ISIS recruitment.

Why Young Men is the story of Jivani’s education as an activist on the front lines of one of today’s most dangerous and intractable problems: the explosion of violence among angry young men throughout the world. Jivani relates his personal story and describes his entrance into the community outreach movement, his work with disenfranchised people of color in North America and at-risk youth in the Middle East and Africa, and his experiences with the white working class. The reader learns along with him as he profiles a diverse array of young men and interviews those who are trying to help them, drawing parallels between these groups, refuting the popular belief that they are radically different from each other, and offering concrete steps toward countering this global trend.

FB2 book Why Young Men buy cheap on PC. MOBI ebook Why Young Men by Jamil Jivani on Dymocks. Paperback Why Young Men download for reader.

MP3 book Why Young Men Jamil Jivani read on Booktopia. Hardcover Why Young Men by Jamil Jivani download Mac. EPUB ebook Why Young Men read online on Book Depository.

#7132 Reply
    off white hoodie

I wanted to write you that tiny word in order to say thank you once again over the awesome tips you have featured on this site. This is really unbelievably generous with people like you to convey openly just what a number of us would’ve offered for sale as an e book to earn some bucks for their own end, most notably seeing that you could have done it in case you considered necessary. These techniques likewise worked to be a easy way to realize that other people have the identical interest just like mine to see way more around this matter. I’m sure there are numerous more pleasurable periods in the future for individuals who browse through your website.

#7439 Reply
    off white

I must show my affection for your kind-heartedness giving support to persons who actually need guidance on your field. Your personal commitment to passing the message all over had been astonishingly important and have all the time allowed regular people like me to arrive at their targets. Your amazing interesting tutorial denotes so much to me and extremely more to my colleagues. Best wishes; from everyone of us.

#7763 Reply
    kobe shoes

I am also writing to make you know of the nice encounter my cousin’s girl developed reading through your blog. She noticed some pieces, most notably how it is like to have a very effective teaching character to let many people clearly grasp several tricky subject matter. You really surpassed readers’ desires. Thanks for offering those productive, healthy, educational as well as fun guidance on your topic to Emily.

#8063 Reply
    kd shoes

I enjoy you because of all your hard work on this web site. My niece loves getting into investigation and it is simple to grasp why. A number of us learn all concerning the dynamic manner you convey rewarding tips by means of this web site and as well as welcome participation from the others on the concept so our princess is undoubtedly being taught a lot of things. Take advantage of the remaining portion of the year. You’re the one doing a really good job.

#8325 Reply
    lebron shoes

My husband and i felt really peaceful that Peter could finish off his studies through the ideas he was given through your site. It is now and again perplexing just to always be giving for free tips that many some people could have been selling. So we keep in mind we’ve got the writer to be grateful to for that. The entire explanations you’ve made, the straightforward web site navigation, the friendships you aid to foster – it’s everything fantastic, and it’s leading our son and us do think that situation is brilliant, which is exceptionally important. Thank you for the whole thing!

#8915 Reply
    curry 8

I needed to post you the very little note just to say thanks again for the nice thoughts you have discussed on this website. It was simply seriously generous of people like you in giving extensively all many individuals could possibly have advertised for an e-book to get some cash on their own, notably considering the fact that you could possibly have done it in case you decided. Those smart ideas in addition worked as the fantastic way to realize that the rest have the identical dreams much like mine to find out very much more with regard to this problem. I am certain there are thousands of more pleasurable times ahead for people who look into your blog.

#10824 Reply
    supreme clothing

I want to express my appreciation for your kind-heartedness in support of individuals that need help with that matter. Your real commitment to passing the solution all around had become especially beneficial and have continuously allowed individuals much like me to realize their goals. Your entire warm and helpful useful information indicates a whole lot a person like me and much more to my fellow workers. Thank you; from everyone of us.

#11955 Reply
    bape

I needed to post you that bit of observation to finally give many thanks as before for the striking advice you’ve featured above. This is so generous with people like you to present publicly all that most of us would’ve distributed for an electronic book to help make some money for their own end, and in particular seeing that you might well have tried it if you desired. The pointers in addition acted like the good way to fully grasp that other individuals have similar interest like my personal own to understand lots more concerning this issue. I believe there are several more pleasant opportunities in the future for individuals that start reading your site.

#12886 Reply
    off white clothing

I truly wanted to develop a note in order to say thanks to you for some of the amazing items you are giving here. My time consuming internet look up has finally been honored with incredibly good points to go over with my visitors. I 'd mention that we website visitors are really endowed to be in a notable network with so many marvellous individuals with useful points. I feel somewhat lucky to have encountered your entire web site and look forward to some more fun minutes reading here. Thanks once more for everything.

#13326 Reply
    spongebob kyrie 5

I must show some thanks to you for bailing me out of this particular issue. As a result of searching through the search engines and seeing suggestions which are not beneficial, I thought my life was over. Being alive without the approaches to the problems you’ve fixed by way of the website is a critical case, as well as those which may have negatively affected my career if I hadn’t come across the blog. Your primary capability and kindness in dealing with the whole thing was vital. I’m not sure what I would’ve done if I had not come upon such a subject like this. It’s possible to at this moment relish my future. Thanks a lot very much for this reliable and amazing guide. I won’t be reluctant to refer your web page to any individual who ought to have guidelines on this subject.

#14005 Reply
    russell westbrook shoes

I am glad for commenting to make you understand what a useful discovery my wife’s princess found browsing your web site. She came to understand plenty of things, including how it is like to have a wonderful giving nature to make the others very easily know just exactly chosen multifaceted topics. You really did more than my expected results. I appreciate you for showing these important, safe, explanatory and even unique tips about that topic to Janet.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Why Young Men by Jamil Jivani – read online • 9781250199898
Your information: